Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SNOW!

YEE HAW! Finally got some snow over here! It's been so dry all winter so far, and I was not at all expecting this tonight. I'm so excited! As a native Californian, snow is something I have experienced only a few times in my life. Mostly when I was living in Seattle, WA in the early 2000's.     




I use to hate Winter time. The cold and the rain and the wind. Always freezing my ass off and never being able to quite get warm or comfortable enough. And in Sacramento, where I am originally from, Winter time can get seriously depressing. The winter season there doesn't have any magic or texture to it. Just weeks and weeks of cold, fog, and dreary overcast. It gets quite exhausting. 


But now that I am older (and have accumulated more, um, blubber...) I have a better appreciation for Winter. Coffee tastes better when it's snowing or raining. I love the crunch of snow under my feet. And the glow from orange street lamps that illuminate everything around. It's like broad daylight, but without all the fucking hassle of daytime. And let's not forget the deafening silence it creates. No sound anywhere! Except for the crunch-crunch under your feet.


I appreciate all seasons for what they have to offer. Spring and Fall are definitely my favorites. I love Summer when it comes, but am always glad to see it go. And same thing goes for Winter. Usually by now, I am DONE with Winter. February is my least favorite month anyway. And I'm ready for Spring. But this is the first real snow of the season. So if Winter wants to hang around a little longer this year, I'm not gonna complain much. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. *like*

    These are very nice... They look very - er - desolate, actually. Throw a snowball for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we're in a small town, somewhat rural area. What you're seeing beyond the tree, across the street, is the parking lot for the park. Cool thing about these pics is that it was about 3:30 in the morning when I took them. You could see EVERYTHING!

      Delete
    2. Holy crap!! Now that IS impressive!! Damn!!

      Delete
    3. No flash! Could be a lot sharper and have a lot less grain to it, but it'll do...

      Delete
  2. Super Amazing! That tree is Rad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's in our front yard. These were taken at 3:30 in the am! No flash needed.

      Delete
  3. WOW - these shots should be on an album cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you make an album, they're all yours haha! Thanks Dana!

      Delete