Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Evening Thunderstorm May 15, 2012

Well there was finally something worth taking pictures of yesterday with my DSLR camera. A thunderstorm rolled through early in the evening, just as the sun was setting. I'm glad to see that I'm getting closer to being able to get the color saturation that I like, but I still have A LOT to learn. Especially with focus and composition. Although these are pretty colorful, they still don't "pop" like I would like them to. I could probably fool around with them in Photoshop, but I'm not really sure what to do or how to do it, or know when it's appropriate. Any suggestions, anyone? These were all taken on full manual, at ISO 200 between about f4 and f8, and the shutter speed was set around 1/80. And as usual, I flipped back and forth between various white balance settings and a couple of other things in the camera. I'm sure the lens I have is probably not ideal for landscape pics. It seems best suited for close up portraits and whatnot, but it's all I got for now. Enjoy! 

















8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. My favorite is the last picture of the lone tree. The pink and grey sky is beautiful and the tree looks as if there is a light shining on it. Keep up the good work. You are doing fine. I usually set my canon on automatic unless I feel adventerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I believe I did use flash with that one, actually. Glad it worked out haha.

      Delete
  2. All of these are great!! Loooove the mountain pics!!! Hummm...you asked for sugestions...? You may want to try a uv filter, it will give it that "more focused" look-crisp it up a bit and take out some haze. There are so many filters out there to choose from. Also for landscape, use a film that catches cool colors like fuji and warm like Kodak for that extra pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Well, I can't use film because it's a digital camera haha. I do have a UV filter, and a polarizer as well. Didn't use the polarizer on these, though.

      Delete
  3. The Purity Of EvilMay 18, 2012 at 5:07 AM

    These are awesome!! Thank you!! =D

    ReplyDelete