Friday, April 18, 2014

Blood Moon 2014

In case any of you dumb asses missed the Blood Moon last week, I took some pictures of it that you can now view here.
Speaking of dumb asses...
                     


All pictures, memes, and video below were taken by yours truly. ENJOY! 

Here's what the moon normally looks like, in case you are not familiar with it.

I used my video camera to take these shots because, although the pixel count is fairly low when using this thing for still shots, it has a much greater zoom capability compared to my dslr. 20x optical/400x digital. 

The first bite.

Halfway there!

ooh! Shiny! 

Almost there!

And there it is! And that bright star next to it kept showing up, too! 

This was about the best shot I could get with Mars in frame. 

And this was about the best shot I could get of the Blood Moon. There was some thin haze in the area, and even with the various settings pretty much maxed out for this scenario, it's still too dark to work with the equipment I have in these conditions. Still, not too shabby! I had a good time watching this go down, and taking all the pictures.


I also did a little zoom test with my camera just to see what it would look like. I had the digital zoom turned on. That adds a lot of noise to the picture, but, obviously, it also allowed me to zoom in much further. It came out pretty decent actually. So I did a little editing, added some sound effects, and voila! Here's quick little video. 
    

4 comments:

  1. Your blood moon pictures are AWESOME!!!!!! very professional looking. Great job Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Those pics are Awesome!!!! Great Job!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete